Josh Tynjala, creator of Feathers UI, joins OpenFL leadership team
Recently, Joshua Granick, long-time leader of the OpenFL project, asked Josh Tynjala of Feathers UI and Chris Speciale of Dimensionscape to join him in forming a new OpenFL Board of Directors. OpenFL is a critical dependency of Feathers UI, and Josh Tynjala has been contributing code to the open source project for a couple of years now. In this expanded role, Josh is excited to collaborate more with his fellow board members, and other active OpenFL contributors, in a number of ways:
- Create more frequent OpenFL and Lime releases.
- Increase automated testing, for more coverage across a larger set of target platforms.
- Engage more with the OpenFL developer community. In particular:
- Provide faster feedback on issues and pull requests.
- Invite new committers that have a track record of high quality pull requests.
- Expand documentation — especially for beginners who don't have a history of working with Adobe Flash.
There's a lot to look forward to in the future for both OpenFL and Feathers UI. Stay tuned in the coming months for some big releases… and maybe a few surprises.
For more details, please see official OpenFL announcement titled Administrative Organization Changes, posted by Chris Speciale on the OpenFL community forum.